Saturday, February 21, 2009

list of the week



Dan asked me when I was going to make a new blog entry. He said, "The world is waiting!" I guess the inspiration for words and images has been a bit low. I am trying to think up some sort of game I can play with myself so I will post (and create) regularly. For now, here is a list of ten things about my week.

1. This morning I made banana, cranberry, walnut bread but I didn't have cranberries or walnuts so I added tart cherries and orange peel instead. Accompanied by steaming Chai and fresh grapefruit, it was delicious.

2. Tashi had mid-winter break this week but it was all pretty low key.

3. I've been staying up too late, what with not having to spring out of bed and get Tashi ready for school.

4. Tashi and I saw Coraline. It was fun. I think it's the first 3-D movie I've ever been too. I thought the 3-D aspect was entertaining, without being overdone. Should we read the book?

5. This week I successfully combated pregnancy induced edema and acid reflux.

6. Prenatal yoga is a good thing. Even when every bone in your body is too tired to be lifted, you will feel so much better after a yoga session if you just make yourself do it.

7. On President's Day Suzanne, Kevin, Julian and Jakob visited us. We ate cheese and bread and hummus and strawberries, went for walks and chatted. Julian loved up the cats. We fed our horse neighbor carrots.

8. We picked up our digital converter box this week. I'm thinking this all a wild scam and really don't care that my tv picture is brighter and crisper. Real life is full of light glare, shadow and dust motes. I'm glad that our government coupon arrived and we only had to pay $10 for the silly box. It's weird that now when the reception is bad there is no static on the screen, the image just freezes or turns into a work of cubism.

9. Tashi's aunt Sue gave her an I-pod. Now we're really gittin' modern around here.

10. Last night Dan and I played Bananagrams and limited our words to those that were food related. We were a little bit loose about some things. It was quite a challenge, but I managed to end up with just one useless letter tile in the end. Pretty good!

No comments: