Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Secret Reading Series 5

Secret Reading Series   :::   Nightshift 5

I love music and seeing musicians perform. I admire those that can deliver their words thus. 

Sometimes when I write a poem that I'm satisfied with I want to run out and read it at an open mic. Even though I nearly die whenever I have to speak out loud in front of a group of people.

In cities past I used to run out and read freshly written poems. Open mics often satisfied that inspired longing to share the words, whether with strangers, or community. Reading in front of people broke the isolation. It made me feel more rock & roll. 

So as a way of meeting that urge now, I bring you the Secret Reading Series. 

1 comment:

Kif said...

Hello! so glad you are continuing this series... I like the strong imagery: bike rides through slush, bespectacled eyes, criss-cross skylight and intersecting trusses...

all these lines intersecting - converging and deep observations of all that is going on around us.

"faced with sad eyes of a tall city"

that line stays with me.